Saturday, March 27, 2010

Soul, Mate

Happy Saturday, everyone! It's not raining here... yet, despite the weather forecast. I'm listening to Chopin while eating toasted sourdough bread with copious clumps of melting better. Yum. Hope your weekend is off to a great start, too.

I got some more awards this week! I love getting awards -- it gives me one more reason to have a celebratory glass of wine. (I should interject that I'm not an alcoholic, by UK standards. I need to have a least a bottle night to even get close to that.)

First up, the lovely Tara at Feel of Something New has awarded me the Soulmates award. Rules are simple: Five Recipients. Make up something (not too mean) about the people you give the award to. Link to the people you give it to. Link back to the original award post here.

And this goes out to:

B. Miller, who scaled Mt Everest last year wearing a strapless cocktail dress. Well done!

Jen at Unedited, who recently tamed and trained an anteater to clean her flat.

Nicole at One Significant Moment at a Time, who won first place in the skeleton bobsled at the Vancouver Olympics and is now skeleton bobsledding down the Matterhorn.

Joanne, who has sampled lattes in every city around the world but prefers herbal tea.

Tahereh, who is secretly an heiress living in a castle in the Scilly Isles wearing lots and lots o' plaid.


I've also received the Prolific Blogger Award from Jen and B Miller. Thanks so much, ladies! Here's where I need a little bit of award etiquette help. If I've received this before, do I pass it on to seven new people again? I'd love to, just not sure what (or if) there's an 'etiquette' for this.


Help! :)

25 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beats me. I've probably broken a lot of award rules, I'm sure.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you two! Hope you both have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you passed it on once and that's enough. If you fancy plugging some more blogs, though, it's a good excuse :)

    I don't think blog award etiquette is especially fixed though so I think you'll get away with whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    Nothing like a good glass of wine on a Saturday is what I say! Esp with Chopin in the background!

    :-)

    I'm virtually dribbling at your toasted sourdough bread and melty butter, yum, yum, yum!

    Congratulations with your fab awards!! I like the thought of the secret heiress in Scilly wearing lots and lots o plaid!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That soulmate one is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THat's great! It's nice to place these awards on your website.

    ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats - great stories for your soulmates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at toasted sourdough bread with gobs of butter. Dang, now I'm hungry.

    I don't think there is an etiquette rule. It's up to you. You can pass it on to others, or just say thank you ever so much for the award, then keep it under your pillow for sweet dreams.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Few people know that I got interested in skeleton because the competition outfit was so flattering. I love the look so much I'm wearing mine right now. :D

    Funny thing: I was visiting you this morning to tell you I left an award for you on my blog! Awwww! I love that we were thinking of each other today :))

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog through Caldonia Lass's blog. Thought I'd pop in and say hello. Looks like a nice friendly place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone! In case you're wondering, I've progressed from the sourdough toast to a bagel with cream cheese AND I bought a delicious Angel-food cake with fruit for pudding tonight! Oh how I love Saturdays.

    Thanks for the answers on the blog etiquette, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was totally going to give Soulmates to Tahereh because she's like a mini-me (in person), but I'd only been following her for a day and I didn't want to go *POUNCE* YOU'RE MY SOULMATE!!!11!!! She's crazy fun, isn't she?

    Congrats on the awards. I followed you over from Nicole's post this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Talli! YAY! I love that Soulmate award. And how did you know about my trip to Mt. Everest?!

    As for passing it on - I just kinda made up the rules for the second time I got the award, which is why I only passed it on to three people. Maybe you've got some new blog friends you'd like to showcase!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! You deserve every award you receive. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha, I'm the same way. I finally get and award and don't know what to do with it. I'm like the award killer, lol.

    But it looks like you're doing a great job actually. Love your blog! Hope your day gets sunny and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your awards, and thanks for stopping by my place and becoming a follower. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the awards!

    As to following the rules, I always treat the rules as flexible and do what I can. Just have fun with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your made up tidbits. Very clever. :) And as far as rules go, they're made to be broken. I don't think anyone is keeping track.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh the thought of your lovely breakfast is making me wonder what I have here to toast and stick butter on. Am out of bread... this presents a problem! Hm... while I am pondering, I'd say there is no award etiquette, you just enjoy yourself with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your awards and yay!wine! :) I hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A whole latte fun going on over here ... Thanks for the Soulmates Award :)

    ReplyDelete

Coffee and wine for all!