Thanks so much to E. Elle at Writer's Funhouse for passing along this award to me! It's a great one, too: I have to divulge six lies and one truth about myself while you all try to guess which one is true. I'm going make them all London-related... just because I feel like it.
1. I went to a posh all-girls' school in Kensington but was 'asked to leave' after writing a series of anonymous articles exposing how much profit the school cafeteria made -- the headmistress found me out.
2. I have never driven a car, relying instead on Tubes and cabs. Who needs a car in London?
3. I can see Buckingham Palace from my window.
4. On my way to a job interview, I tripped down the stairs of the Tube, sliding to a stop at the bottom. People just stepped over me.
5. I once fell asleep on the Tube, got my wallet stolen, then had a nice bus driver drive me home on his double-decker, all the way from Canning Town.
6. I'm going to run the London Marathon next month.
7. My husband is a Hon. with inherited wealth.
Good luck guessing! I now pass the award on to the following creative writers (and my apologies if you've received it already!): Jai Joshi (born in London!); Patricia Stoltey (because her posts just make such good sense); Carol Burnside (because I love that she spilled wine on her computer! Wine!) and Susan Fields, because she loves coffee!
Thanks again to all the new followers and to everyone for all the lovely comments!