I saw this on a blog somewhere and I thought it was a great idea! So, without further ado, here are 10 things that make me happy (in no particular order because I am so not a methodical person!).
1. Coffee. Of course I have to put coffee at the top of my list! I love the smell, the taste, the first sip in the morning as I slowly begin my day. I don't love the painful grinding noise of my espresso machine. I'm sure my neighbours don't, either!
2. Sticky toffee pudding. Warm and gooey, fresh from the oven, with a dollop of cream. Hm, I might just have to head off to Tesco's to get some for pudding tonight!
3. That lovely 'ahhhh' as you crawl into bed with a good book. I love to sleep. One of the best bits of my day is packing it in and succumbing to the drowsiness with a book to fall asleep over.
4. A scalding hot bath with loads of bubbles. I'm always cold and I enjoy turning the colour of a lobster. I enjoy the burning sensation. I love heat!
5. Wine & champagne. Tied at number 5 (because I don't want to put two separate alcoholic drinks in my list). Too much is not a good thing -- as I've found out many a morning after -- but a cheeky glass of champers at the end of the day can't be so wrong, can it?
6. Trees. I'm a full-fledged city girl now, but I grew up in the country. I love walking through the woods, hearing only that 'whoosh' as the wind moves the branches above me.
7. Snuggling on the sofa with my husband. He has such a comfy shoulder!
8. Laughs with my girlfriends. Near and far, I've got some great friends and nothing beats our giggles together.
9. Being my own boss. Oh, how I love to order myself around! It's so much better than anyone else doing it.
10. Writing. It's taken me awhile to realise that this, more than any other job, is really what makes me happy.