Last the week, the lovely Sangu tagged me to list the contents of my bag. Since they're as much a mystery to me as anyone else, I thought it'd be interesting to have a root through one of them and see just what the heck is in there! I'm way too lazy to clean out my handbags with any kind of consistency so... here goes:
1. An empty packet of Nurofen (ibuprofen). Why empty? Because, like I said, I'm too lazy to throw it out. This packet will provide a false sense of security when I comb through my bag, frantically looking for my fix in the throes of a migraine. I will curse myself, promise to throw it out, and promptly forget all about it. And so it continues.
2. A copy of my P45 from Inland Revenue... from 2006! Yikes. Clearly I'm not organised, as I had no idea this was in here. Nor do I know why!
3. A random roll of sellotape. Hmmm... this could be from when I was a recruiter and I was doing a session at the London School of Economics, and I needed to tape up signs? That would have been three years ago!
4. A memory stick. No idea what's on this one.
5. A membership card to the now-defunct PrimeTime Video store.
6. A receipt for Mango's in Covent Garden, dated 22/0/07. And on the back, written in red pen, directions to a job interview.
7. A receipt for my British Citizenship Test, dated 22/03/2008. I like to collect receipts, clearly. And crikey, that test cost £34!?
8. A letter from my friend Addie in San Francisco, congratulating me on completing my first novel (back in 2008!).
9. Contract of employment for the above-mentioned job interview. *shudder*
10. Four plasters! I had a lot of blisters from my high-heels in those days...
Wow, that has actually been fairly enlightening. And what I have done to get organised? I've chucked it all back in the bag, of course...
I'd like to tag everyone to do this, as it's too hot right now (yes, hot!) to write more. So have fun, everyone, I'm off to get some wine!