For me, the perfect man can be found in books. Not only can you create them in your mind's eye, but you can close the cover on them whenever you like! Shame the same can't be said for real life partners, who make you do pesky things like wash your dishes straight away...
Anyway. I digress! Without further ado or husband bashing, here are my literary hotties, past and present. I'm telling you now, I'm not going to make it to ten! Memory does not serve me well.
1. Philip, in the Adventure series by Enid Blyton. He was so well-loved by animals and I adored the tuft in the front of his hair. Plus, he was very brave. I do hope it doesn't need to be pointed out that I no longer find Philip as attractive as I did, say, 25 years ago.
2. Boots, in the Bruno and Boots series by Gordon Korman. Bruno was the more audacious of the two, but I had a soft spot in my heart for the more cautious Boots.
3. Todd, in Sweet Valley High. Elizabeth's boyfriend, I mourned his loss when he moved miles away to Vermont and they broke up. Jeffrey was nowhere near as good as Todd!
4. Mr Rochester, in Jane Eyre. A bit of a jerk (okay, a big jerk). But he's blind in the end! Jane must take care of him! Awwww!
5. Colin Firth. Colin Firth, Colin Firth, Colin Firth. Yes, I know he's not in a book. But... Colin Firth!
6. Dermot, in Love Letters by Katie Fforde. A dark and brooding Irish man. Need I say more?
And I'll stop there, mopping up the drool that seems to have accumulated on my keyboard in the creation of this post!
Who's on your list of literary hotties?