Monday, November 01, 2010

Into the Shadows Blog Splash!

I've received so much wonderful support from the blogosphere that when I heard about Karly Kirkpatrick's release date (today!), I was more than happy to help spread the word!

Here's more about Karly's book, Into the Shadows.

Paivi Anderson has it all—friends, a spot on the varsity basketball team, wonderful parents, and quite possibly, her first boyfriend. It was everything a freshman in high school could ask for. Her perfect life begins to crumble when she discovers her name on a list distributed by a power-hungry presidential candidate. How could anyone think of Paivi as an Enemy of the State? Could it be because of her special powers? No one was supposed to know about them, but the mysterious messages in her tater tots say otherwise. In INTO THE SHADOWS, Paivi quickly learns who her friends are and is forced into a reality she didn’t see coming.

Help INTO THE SHADOWS climb the bestseller list at Amazon.com by purchasing your copy for $2.99 here http://amzn.to/c4QRzo November 1st. Even one day of great sales on Amazon helps push the book up the bestseller list, which makes the ebook more visible to other readers. No Kindle? No problem! Download a free app at Amazon.com. Also available at http://www.smashwords.com/, http://www.amazon.co.uk/, and http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ . Coming soon in paperback. Keep up with the latest at http://www.karlykirkpatrick.com/ .

Go Karly go!

And now, for something totally different, Summer is hosting a writing space blogfest!



This is my zone. It's certainly not going to win anything on its glam factor, I know. The thing is, I like my space to be fairly neutral and ordered. Yes, that's TweetDeck I have open there, alongside my favourite pen and notebook... and beside that, a booklet that keeps reminding me I need to do my taxes! The camel by the back wall was given to me by my husband's cousin in Cairo last year and that gold sphere beside it is an ashtray because she thought 'all writers smoke'.

One thing I cannot live without is my Aloe Vera Vaseline lip therapy (to the left of the computer). Nothing irks me like dry lips! If ever anything would prevent me from writing, that would be it.

Thanks, Summer, for hosting this!

41 comments:

  1. Happy release day to Into The Shadows! Here's hoping it hits the bestseller list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing writers' workspaces, and the different ways the muse gets those words on the screen. No two are alike. And best wishes to Karly with her book's release :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good premise. Go Karly, go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. supercool, T! Sounds like an interesting book and thanks for the tip on the free app~

    your workspace looks very portable, which is perfect for a travel writer! :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip on the Amazon App! I am amazed at the simplicity and sparseness of your working area. It just goes to show that glitz doesn't get the job done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Karly! (My writing area is a cluttered mess.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Karly!

    My space is my work desk. Not cute. Not quirky like some I have been seeing around today. It's kind of nice to just see a desk! haha makes me feel better anyway!

    (you have an award today!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the calm order of your space, Talli - I also need a nice tidy space to write in. Tea and biscuits help, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always like seeing other people's working spaces to see where they find their muse. Good luck to Karly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow!! What a great writing space!!! So minimalist!!! Wow!!! I never expected it to be so minimal!! I thought - I don't know I expected lots of ooooh cakes everywhere - empty bottles of vin rouge...!! Chaos!! Why would I think that?!?!

    Awww good luck to Karly too!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe! The empty bottles are all shoved away under the kitchen sink... and I do admit that I just recycled LOADS of stacks of paper clogging the desk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes -- and I wiped away all the crumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Into the Shadows sounds great, thanks for the rec! Love you computer (*eyes photo with green envy*). It's so fun to see where people write!

    ReplyDelete
  14. my workspace is a huge bean bag so u've got me beat hands down, it also comes attached with one hyper toddler.
    This looks like it will be a fun read i will go and check it out

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another book to add to my Christmas list!

    Your office looks very organized & uncluttered. No wonder you accomplish so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oo! That book sounds good, especially because of the tater-tots! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vasaline, chapstick, lip gloss = must haves.
    Good luck to Karly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great book! And what a nice, clean workspace you have!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This book sounds great! I love your workspace. I wish mine was more glam :( but there is something charming about my rickety desk and scattered papers. And chapped lips are a big no no. I am addicted to Rosebud Salve from Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great news about Karly's Into the Shadows. Hope it climbs the Amazon list!

    I am very depressed seeing all these tidy and organized workspaces. Am I the only one who writes in chaos????

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on release day for Karly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice workspace!

    This book sounds interesting, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for telling us about Into The Shadows, it sounds great.

    I love the picture of your writing space. I, too, can't live without lipsalve. I wonder if it's a writer thing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've seen a few spaces today. All much tidier than mine. And mine looks better than usual today. I think I'm in sad shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the heads up on Karly's book, it's always good to support fellow writer's in such a tough market! Also, WOW, how organised are you! My goodness, my work space is so cluttered (organised chaos though!!) have a great evening x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Talli .. and Karly .. sounds a really interesting read .. and good for the shout out here .. enjoy the buzz around the blog splash ..

    Have fun and success .. and I love the tip on the App .. thanks - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice shout out for The Shadows. Very Talli workspace. Where are the cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Into the Shadows sounds great and is another title I've added to my growing wishlist. Wishing Karly well with her new book.

    Unfortunately my writing area isn't as tidy as yours. Mine is so cluttered I can barely fight my way through to the computer.

    (Many thanks for the Nanowrimo good luck message btw)

    ReplyDelete
  29. i like my spaces to be orderly as well. Chaos doesn't lend itself to creativity for me

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, this blogfest sounds like fun! Our workspace is pretty similar, actually! I like to have mine fairly clutter-free as well:)

    Go Karly!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's a tiny netbook!
    And does Tweetdeck help organize your followers?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Exciting!!!! Happy release day to Karly and Into the Shadows!!!

    I love the workspace Talli!!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cool writing space. I forgot to do it and then my internet died. Ugh! Have a great week.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like your writing space... I too cannot work if my surrounding is cluttered :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy release day! And I am stunned by how TIDY your desk is (looking at clutter everywhere here!)

    ReplyDelete
  36. That book sounds good - I love the "messages in her tater tots"!

    Dry lips irk me, too - it's hard to concentrate on anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks Talli for the shout out! And thanks all for the well-wishes!

    Your workspace is so neat! Mine is, well, everywhere. The couch, my desk at work, my bed...I've been contemplating getting my own desk, but haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  38. That book sounds great! And if I were to write at a desk (and were a little neater) I think my space would be similar. I am not one for a ton of trinkets and such--though I do have a large 'needs typing' pile... I seem to have papers everywhere by my computer... possibly one reason I am so much more productive in the tub!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, you are neat and tidy and organized, Talli. (I expected more stuff, for some reason)

    But I'm with you on the lips...I keep carmex on my desk. I HATE dry lips.

    Good luck to Karly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Best wishes to Karly! Love your desk...so neat!!! I love the camel too :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm jealous of your workspace :P Mine consists of my laptop and wherever the hell I'm able to sit down! Fingers crossed Into the Shadows will hit that best seller list too :)

    ReplyDelete

Coffee and wine for all!