One very important bit of information before I launch into my post: tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY! Yes, I'll be turning the big 3-7. Yes, I'm getting old(er). No, I don't care!
As much as I love blogging, sometimes it can be a bit of a chore. I'm not in the mood; I've got nothing to say; I just want to have that glass of wine at the end of the day (although let's be honest -- I'm going to have it anyway, blogging or not).
With the A to Z Challenge coming up starting April 1, here are some of my tips to lighten the blogging load.
1. Keep it short, keep it short, keep it short! You don't need to write an essay.
2. Stick to one point. Blog posts that address one issue are easiest for people to read and comment.
3. If you can't think of anything to say - just have fun! You don't always need to be serious, and your readers will likely appreciate a little bit of levity.
3. Don't over think it. It's a blog post, not a peace treaty.
4. Drink some wine. Or eat some chocolate. That will make anything fun!
5. If you really don't feel like blogging - don't. No kittens will die. The world won't end. Take a break if you need it and get recharged.
There you have it! Want to sign up for the A-Z Challenge and have some fun? Visit Arlee's blog to give it a go - we're over 550 people now, I do believe.
I'm off to start the birthday festivities! See you on the other side.