Friday, August 21, 2015

Beside the Seaside

Happy Friday! I have been busy drafting, editing, creating a cover, and revising! I can't believe the summer is almost over.

Despite the busy-ness, Mr TR and I (and Toddler TR!) managed to get away for a seaside break to celebrate our anniversary. It was a last-minute idea, and we were lucky enough to find a flat in Hastings, right on the promenade. When you looked out the window from the lounge, all you saw was sea. It truly was idyllic.

Hastings itself is nice, too, although we didn't have much time to explore. Toddler TR is mad about the water and we spent much of our time either playing in the waves, dragging him away from the waves, or trying to convince him the beach was 'now closed'. Ha! We did manage to visit the castle, the aquarium, and take a wander through the Old Town.

Pebble beach.
'Squee! You can't catch me!' Toddler TR loving the waves. 
Hastings Old Town. 

All in all, it was a lovely weekend, and the weather was fantastic. If you ever get a chance to visit Hastings, I definitely recommend checking it out. 

18 comments:

  1. Hi Talli - that's great to see Hastings in its glory. They do good fish and chips there ... hope you had some ... and Gallery is great, as too the little museum is full of boy goodies, googlies, and squealy things! Next time ...

    Happy days - Toddler TR looks like he's having so much fun and is a handful - cheers and enjoy these last few days - and congratulations on the anniversary ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary! We definitely covered the fish and chips scene! :) Delicious.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got some time away for your anniversary. Bet your son's toes were prunes the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice break. I was in New Jersey for three weeks and at times less than a mile from the shore and not once did I ever even see the ocean. We had so many things to do and going to the beach is never high on my list, but I had wanted to traipse along the Boardwalk some.

    Now back to work!

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Arlee! Hope you enjoyed NJ.

      Delete
  4. The beach would be a rare thing for him- it looks like he's enjoying himself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, and your son is growing up so beautifully! Hastings Old Town looks pretty; I wish I could go there someday and walk around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I've never been to Hastings! It looks lovely. I hope you all had a great time, Todder TR obviously did...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he did. Anywhere there's water, he's happy. And very persistent.

      Delete
  7. Hi and Happy Anniversary...we also celebrated an anniversary on Aug 21' it was #16 and we went to Cape Cod, MA and also had a wonderful time! I came to your blog through a friend's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping over, Beatrice. And Happy Anniversary!

      Delete
  8. Looks a great break, Talli. It's a very long time since we visited Hastings and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen! Unfortunately, no. Let me know when you're in London. It would be great to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we saw a TV series based in Hastings and that's all I know about it! There is a Hastings, Nebraska however, where I've visited numerous times. No beach there LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Coffee and wine for all!