Thursday, May 08, 2014

No Kidding

Well, hello, blog! I can't believe I actually forgot to post last week. Eek! I've no idea where the time is going (that seems to be a recurring theme here). May is flying by and although I'm on Draft 3 of my current novel THE EVERYTHING DREAM with the goal to finish by the end of June, there's still plenty of work to be done.

And there's less than a month until the release of THE NO-KIDS CLUB!


The cover, in all its summery glory. 
The book comes out on June 3, and it will be available as an ebook, a paperback, and an audio book. It's been a while since I've had a new novel out there, and I'm feeling excited and jittery.


I wrote this book in the first few months after Baby TR was born, and it was great fun to throw in some of my own angsty experiences (damn, motherhood is hard!), along with some of the more uplifting moments (damn, motherhood is wonderful!).

The first advance reviews are rolling in, and so far, so good! Phew. Of course, I've realised by now that you can't please everyone, but hopefully most readers will be able to relate to one of my characters in the novel.

And that's my news for now. Receiving a great pile of books in the post is always a wonderful moment -- and even more so when you've written that book!

Have a lovely week, everyone. 

16 comments:

  1. Congrats! This is my most anticipated book of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Kat, thank you so much! I hope it lives up to expectations - gulp.

      Delete
  2. Love the photo of Baby TR with your book!

    I agree, I think everyone will relate to at least one of them woman in your book, if not all of them!

    Also, I can't wait to hear more about your next novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kyra, and thanks so much again for taking the time to read and review -- especially when you have your own reading to do, as well!

      Delete
  3. I am looking forward to reading the book and of course your new one!!!
    Love the picture of Baby TR looking at The No Kids Club book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anne! I really hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Karen! Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your other books have been wonderful, so I'm sure this one will be, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to the new book, Talli. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting for you, Talli - especially after getting it written in such delightful and exhausting circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeehaw, Talli! Happy writing to you. Am in a constant state of awe over your never-ending stream of ideas. (This is Colleen, by the way...I haven't forgotten about our long-pending meetup in London, just been in the States since February, actually, due to family illness--but I'm returning next week, so give me a holler when you can catch/are in desperate need of a break!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The No-Kids Club is next on my list to read. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Coffee and wine for all!