Here's a look at my past week.
- A lovely review of Build A Man from Carol of Dizzy C's Little BookBlog. Thank you, Carol!
- The wonderful Helen Redders baking home-made Jaffa Cakes in honour of Serenity, my main character in Build A Man, who loves them. Totally made my day!
- Three different people asking me on the same day when the sequel to Build A Man is due out (late May, in case you were wondering). :)
- A Facebook friend letting me know she spotted someone on the Toronto subway reading The Hating Game.
- Writing a scene. Deleting it. Writing it again. Deleting it again. Pounding the desk in frustration.
- Discovering I won't be able to get my 2011-Amazon-withheld-money-due-to-international-tax-issues released without a very lengthy procedure. Pounding desk in frustration.
- Going on Goodreads and accidentally seeing a, well, not exactly complimentary review of my one my books (I say accidentally because I really try not to read my own reviews)! I'm more hardened now than I was, but still...
- Having a nightmare where I open my novel and everything is covered in so much red ink I can't even make out the text underneath it.
So there you have it! The yin and the yang of a novelist's life. But you know what?
I wouldn't trade it in for anything.
Have a great weekend, everyone!